Thursday, April 09, 2009

Run Away!!!!!

So some days, the last thing I want is to meet the resurrected, glorious Christ. He just exposes too many flaws. Christianity Today "Christ is Risen- Run Away"

This pretty much sums up what I feel like lately. We are supposed to "approach the throne of grace with confidence" but my life seems to ooze anything but confidence in the presence or the potential presence of Jesus. I'm the non-compliant patient, the one with the infected sore. I fail to follow the Dr's orders - which would allow me to live a normal life and keep the infection in check, but again and again I become inflamed with 'stuff' trapped beneath the surface. Maybe its where I've been (not the cleanest of places) , maybe its lack of care - but it's gotten out of control again. I need to see the Healer...but I don't. I don't call, I don't go, I know I should...but I don't.

# days sober = 2

No comments:

Post a Comment