Wednesday, April 25, 2007

30 Days

Well, today is my 30th day of sobriety. I have been working program and recovery related items for the past year (I can't beleive it's a year). And today is the first time I have had 30 continuous days of sobriety in a row. This is only possible thru the power and grace of God. Notwithstanding all the people and resources He has placed in my life to facilitate this process.

I really expected to wake up today and hear the birds singing, the sun would be shining, doves would fly off my balcony...in truth, it's raining, I got woke up early by work related issues, and today looks like it will just like any other day.

And there's no magic in the 30th day where suddenly I don't feel tempted to Lust, or that the people, places, and things I have lusted over in the past no longer have a hold on me. But that is reality, and reality is never as good as fantasy...just a whole lot more sustainable.

So, I'm not unhappy with my 30th day of Sobriety. I'm just coming to see the reality of it. I might have wished for more...but this is what it is. Thank God that He has brought me this far, and I need to trust that He has plans to bring me much, much farther.

Thank you to those of you who have been faithfully sharing this journey with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brett,

    I'm so proud for you!!!! I will continuously lift you up in prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete