Sunday, June 20, 2010

On regrets, and Ap. Paul

I deal (poorly, most times) with regret for how my attitudes and addiction has affected (or potentially affected) the people around me and ministries I've been in. One thought that God dropped in my lap in the middle of a counseling session this past Friday was about the Apostle Paul...he hunted and killed Christians for a living! That was his mission in life. How much regret did he have to deal with once Christ revealed Himself to Saul on the road to Damascus? How did he not think every time he met a new Christian, "Did I kill your father, mother, brother, or friend? How can I look you in the eye and say 'follow me - as I follow Christ'? I(Paul) cannot undo the damage done by my sin and rebellion." Yet God choose him, anyway. What did they talk about in the desert? I can only surmise that Paul's confidence in the completeness of forgiveness, the sovereignty of God, and power of grace understood allowed him to move forward in obedience to preach the Gospel despite his past.

I need to dig into this issue more....or is it that I just need to accept this as true and move forward in that knowledge? Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment