Friday, January 04, 2013

Hope for the journey

I think we mistakenly assume that Christ in us means we will feel these wonderful urges to only do good and bad things will suddenly be unappealing. Or that somehow our actions have bearing on our eternal position in Christ. We either have asked Jesus to be our Savior or we havent. If so, the rest of life is "working out our salvation with fear and trembling" which, to me, means...trying to figure out the ramifications of being saved while still living in my sinful body here on earth. Our eternal destination is set with God in Heaven, but we have a few miles to walk here before we get Home. We are imperfect creatures, saved, and destined for future perfection in Christ. 

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12

 
Be encouraged, God has not abandoned us.

No comments:

Post a Comment