Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Came across this today, really convicting as to how I react to the world around me based off of my own insecurities. When of all peoples in the world, as a Christian I should be the most secure, not because of anything in me but because of who has claimed me.

.....from the book The Search For Significance by Robert S. McGee.
"Our true value is based not on our behavior or the approval of others but on what God's word says is true. Our behavior is often a reflection of our beliefs about who we are. It is usually consistent with what we think to be true about ourselves (Prov 23:7). If we base our worth solidly on the truths of God's word, then our behavior will often reflect His love, grace, and power. But if we base our worth on our abilities or the fickle approval of others, then our behavior will reflect the insecurity, fear, and anger that comes from such instability."

I have been learning the truth of those words in recent months. When I trust who God says I am I begin to stock the ingredients listed on the fruits of the Spirit menu board. God declares all of the following list to be true about me…a broken down TV director. And all of these things became true from the MOMENT I trusted Christ.

I am forgiven. Col 2:13–14
I am a child of God. John 1:2; Rom 8:15
I received Christ's KIND of life, eternal: John 5:24
I was delivered from Satan's domain and into the Kingdomof Christ
Col 1:13
Christ came to dwell with me. Col 1:27; Rev 3:20
I am a new Creation: 2 Cor 5:17
I am declared righteous by God: 2 Cor 5:21
I entered a love relationship w/ God: 1 John 4:9-11
I am accepted by God: Col 1:19-22
from Confessions of Bad Christian blog


I need to spend more time than just making a blog entry on these verses. I have not been committing any time to bible study, maybe some recovery, and a quick prayer. But actual, honest study and prayer is really missing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment