Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy 2009

Not sure how I expected 2009 to start. Two weeks ago, I would have told you how great it was going to be starting off the New Year with more than 60 days of sobriety. (pride goes before the fall...) But even tho I do not have 60+ days of sobriety, I do have the lessons and skills I have learned over this year. I can see a thread of grace running all the way back thru the different ups and downs I have experienced.

I've met new people, I've re-connected with old friends, and I've shared more openly in the relationships that I have. I have much to be grateful for. I start 2009 with a caring, supportive community of friends (and family). I have a great place to live.

Yes, I want 2009 to be different than 2008, but I need not write 2008 off as a wash. The year, and it's choices, existed. I cannot undo that, but I can pray that thru Christ I do not have to redo the same mistakes I made in '08 and I have much to look forward to in '09

# days sober = 1

No comments:

Post a Comment