Monday, September 03, 2007

Flight 410 to Nineveh....boarding @ Gate 15

Remember the ancient city of Nineveh? Crazy thing is...Nineveh still exists (this is a satellite image of it). God has asked a few people in the past to go to Nineveh, one notable fellow was named Jonah. God asked Jonah to go to Nineveh for Him. Jonah told God that he would go lots of places....just not Nineveh.

"No way! I am not going there! I will do lots of things, I've already plans to go to some other countries for You, I've given up stuff (sorta). I don't think I need to go to Nineveh. I'm sure we can work around this." Sure we can.....but it's gonna get mighty dark and fishy before it's all over.
I have spent countless hours in the past year trying to figure a road to Recovery that doesn't go thru Nineveh. I have looked at the guidebooks, I have consulted guidebooks, satellite photos, topographic maps, even Google Earth!!!! Apparently (for me) the only road from Here to There - goes straight thru Nineveh.
I know this sounds glib and even a bit tongue in cheek...but its not. Nineveh is dangerous, over the years I have gone to great lengths to avoid Nineveh. But now I have come to see there is no other way, the cost to avoid Nineveh is too great...I would have to abandon Recovery as a destination.

So I have booked a ticket, I'm just waiting on a final departure time. Nineveh is not the final destination, but it is definitely a necessary stop along the way.

And like Jonah, my fate is entirely in God's hand. It always was...I'm just getting around to agreeing with Him. I can't keep running. I have to face my fears in Nineveh, then we can move on. God, please keep me safe on the way thru Nineveh.

No comments:

Post a Comment