Thursday, March 09, 2006

So why am I doing this again?

That question can be taken several ways, but the way that it struck my on my commute between a couple of our offices today was...why am I doing this? The idea of purity, denying myself, puttign my whole life in submission to Christ and his purpose. Am I doing it to please others? Because I enjoyed working with youth and I think that by straightening my life out I can go back to it and be happy again? Is it to conform to the ideals I've said I beleived for all these years? Is it to preserve the few remaining christian friendships I have (knowing that they would be dissapointed if I just gave up and wacked myself into oblivion)?

Why am I doing this? Is it really because I desire to know God and be known to Him in an intimate way that affects the very core of my being and as a collateral effect, influences those around me...spurring them on to "love and good deeds"? If that is not my sole reason for doing this...I could be in real trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment