Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekend Summary

Well, the pattern for indulging on the weekends is still holding true. I attempted to satiate my lusts on Friday night and Sunday night. Even tho I was gone out of the house with people for almost the entire weekend.

I had a conversation on Saturday with a friend, we were discussing the idea of contentment and how that affects our desire to seek out other things to "fill in the gaps". I so realize that I am ultimately saying I am not content with the life that God has given me, or I am not content with just God, I need something more to make me happy.

I did go to church for the first time in about 4 weeks. It was good, but it felt a little weird. We were singing a song "Annointed One"
Jesus, Jesus,
Holy and Anointed One, Jesus.
Your Name is like honey on my lips,
Your Spirit like water to my soul,
Your Word is a lamp unto my feet,
Jesus, I love you, I love you.

One of the things that hit me while we were singing, is how rarely I hear myself using the name of Jesus. I seem to be alot more comfortable relating to the name God rather than Jesus. But during the song it almost felt like I was calling his name asking him to come find me, I'm lost. Which is also true. Sundays sermon was all about submission, something I seem to not practice very much. One of the definitions he gave about submission was "a recognition of our responsibilites inherent in an appropriate relationship" so who the relationship is with determines whats appropriate. (ie my boss, my pastor, or God) But I realize how much of the friendship that I used to enjoy with Jesus is gone, I have let that relationship grow cold thru dis-use. And any awkwardness at re-kindling it is only in my head, he is always willing.

2 comments:

  1. Brett you have such great thoughts. You should right a book someday. May His:

    - name be like Honey to your lips
    - spirit be like water to your soul
    - Word be a lamp to your feet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man!!! I appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete