Thursday, January 19, 2006

A whole week went by?

I just realized today that my Bible is sitting in the same place on the kitchen table where I laid it last week when I came home from Pure Life. That's not good. I'm looking forward to the meeting tonight, kinda hanging my hat on the hope that there are some answers to be had there, or some solid encouragement from other brothers who really understand what it is to be gripped by this.

I still have wash to do that I said I was gonna do last week, I have been so lazy. Right now I mostly watch TV, play WoW, and climb. It's not much of a life. I do talk to my friends, but I really don't sit down and chill. It seems like the only conversations I have are either about the "struggle" or they are basically secular in nature. I need a deeper connection to the Body, I'm hoping that Pure Life will provide an avenue for that. But I have to be willing to embrace it, set aside the personal insecurities, and just do it.

Secondarily, my gym membership is feeling very lonely. I have not used it since before Christmas. I really need to get back on that horse. Its good for me in so many ways. Improve self-esteem due to improved body-image, better energy, better sleep....and maybe I'll be too tired to wanna let my mind wander in other areas. But even the endorphin substitution provided by exercise could help wean me off the other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment